Feather question

Lumikko

Songster
Sep 14, 2019
Wayne, NJ
I wasn't 100% sure where to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong spot. This is my first time with chickens and I currently have two 10 week old and two 6 week old buff orpington pullets. Both of the older girls have some changes to their feathers where they almost look wavy. It's a recent change and I want to make sure this seems normal and not something I'm overlooking. Thank you!

20200602_185127.jpg

20200602_185212.jpg
20200602_190625.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't 100% sure where to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong spot. This is my first time with chickens and I currently have two 10 week old and two 6 week old buff orpington pullets. Both of the older girls have some changes to their feathers where they almost look wavy. It's a recent change and I want to make sure this seems normal and not something I'm overlooking. Thank you!

View attachment 2173746
View attachment 2173749
Hm. I'm not sure. Have you checked them really well for mites/lice?

My question has to be, what would you do if the wavy feathers aren't normal?
I don't worry until I have a reason to worry.

Take them to the vet if it's a possible sign of something? I worry. My cockerel died suddenly overnight last week and now I'm a tad on the paranoid side.

My job is slow at the moment. Too much time to stare at the chickens :gig

Take them to the vet if it's a possible sign of something? I worry. My cockerel died suddenly overnight last week and now I'm a tad on the paranoid side.

My job is slow at the moment. Too much time to stare at the chickens :gig
I don't think its "vet worthy". Your cockerel died? What from?

Back
Top Bottom