Feather Wings- True Story of My Chickens

WISH GRANTED!

Ch 3

“Are you okay?” She asked, holding her in her wings. But they didn’t look like wings at all! They were bare! She put Rosie gently back in the cage. She stroked my side and shut the cage door. Then she walked past the glass door and was gone.
“What are those things???” Serenia squawked, flapping her tiny developing wings, and stretched out her neck.
“I-I don’t know. But they sure are creepy.” Rosie began eating the food.
As night fell, and the days went on, I learned so much more. One day, the smallest thing on two legs came and picked us up, and placed us in a cage… IN THE OUTSIDE!!!
It was downright terrifying.
But also fun. She did this every day.
We also learned that the thing on two legs brought FOOD!
So we call her ‘The Food Lady.’

And finally, after all this time… after all these months…
THE FOOD LADY BROUGHT OUR CAGE INTO THE OUTSIDE! We got to live in the outside, and we got to eat bug and plants and grass. We learned to ignore the black thing that The Food Lady called ‘Senka’ or something like that. Senka didn’t seem to care about us.
As we settled down for the night, grass began to rustle. Serenia moved out from under the pile and made us all fall off.
“Serenia, you egghead!”
“Shh!” She peeped. We came over to where she was staring out. All the way on the other side of the yard was a big, black bushy thing with black stripes on its tail and a black mask on its face. And it definitely wasn’t Senka.
“What is that?” Rosie screeched.
“Rosie!” Serenia and I squawked. “Do you want to get us killed?” I stared her in the eyes.
“No.”
“Then keep your beak shut so it doesn’t see us!” I whispered.
Too late.
It had already turned its head towards us, and in the moonlight, we could already see it’s amber eyes burning a hole in the night, staring straight at us.

Ch 4

It slowly walked over and we could see its teeth, gleaming like diamonds, with dark red bottoms.
“It-It can’t hurt us! We’re protected by the cage!” Rosie squeaked
“I guess this is why The Food Lady put us in a cage during free-range time.” I said. “These are the dangers of The Outside.”
“Y-yeah.” Serenia’s words were barely a whisper.
“Hello, young fowl. I am raccoon.”
“Go away!” Serenia got up close to its face and raked her small talons across the raccoon’s nose.
“Arrgh!” It snarled. “I was going to take the pretty golden one… but I guess I’ll rid them of your chattiness!” It broke open the cage, and for the first time, I noticed a run on the other side of the yard, with two roosters and two hens, squawking at us.
The raccoon grabbed Serenia, and ripped into the soft tender flesh on her sides. It had taken off her head and thrown it by the cage.
“Hey, pretty little golden one… you got lucky this time.” He took off with Serenia’s body, and just like poor Lily, we never saw her again.
Morning came, but it seemed like forever. The Food Lady and the biggest two legged came. The Food Lady noticed Serenia was gone, and screeched.

Sorry it's so short, suffering through writer's block
somad.gif

Quote:
I don't know about them, but I was sure terrified! I thought the darned raccoon was going to come back and get the rest of them!
And trust me. What happens next is shocking.

here is what happens next!

The biggest two legged picked up the head, and I was too upset to see anything else. I closed my eyes.
“Oh girls, I’m so sorry!” The Food Lady cried.
The biggest two legged brought the two legged with glass over her eyes out and they talked for a minute. Then they picked us up and put us in the run with the two hens and two (accidental, or misplaced) roosters.
“Hey look Mabel! Two little chickens!”
“They’ll never make it in the pecking order, they’re so tiny! Ha ha ha ha!”
The four chickens began to become bullies, pecking and scratching at us, and after only four minutes, The Food Lady picked us up and placed us in our old home.
Two weeks passed, and the biggest two legged had killed the two roosters, and we didn’t know what happened to the other two hens- I had overheard that the biggest two legged ‘sold’ them. But what is about to happen is our biggest adventure of all.
The Food Lady came out as usual, carrying the food in the feeder like normal. We still couldn’t figure out why they hadn’t sold the run and coop that the old hens were in. So The Food Lady came toward us, but breezed right past us! She opened the run on the other side and then came in and took our water holder, and put it in the other run as well! What was going on around here?

Back
Top Bottom