Feathered foot roo problems

eswall

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 20, 2016
E37EA417-B45A-463F-AC1B-DD3A8D955C2E.jpeg

Can someone give me some advice for my rooster? He’s having trouble walking on his feet, he flaps his wings to keep his balance. The underside of his feet look clean and normal.

How old is your rooster? How long has this been going on?
Can you post a video of him trying to walk? It has to be uploaded to another host, like youtube, and the link put here, then it can be viewed.
In the mean time I would get a B complex vitamin (human ones are easiest to find) and give him 1/2 of one daily. Being deficient in some of the B's can cause balance and walking issues. If we can see what he's doing, someone may have more advice.

How old is your rooster? How long has this been going on?
Can you post a video of him trying to walk? It has to be uploaded to another host, like youtube, and the link put here, then it can be viewed.
In the mean time I would get a B complex vitamin (human ones are easiest to find) and give him 1/2 of one daily. Being deficient in some of the B's can cause balance and walking issues. If we can see what he's doing, someone may have more advice.
Ok, I’ll have to do the video tomorrow because I’ve already put him to bed. Lol. I did soak some gauze in warm epsom salt water and wrapped his feet. Hopefully that helps something. I do have the vitamin b complex in the cabinet, I’ll add that to his water as well. Thank you!

Ok, I’ll have to do the video tomorrow because I’ve already put him to bed. Lol. I did soak some gauze in warm epsom salt water and wrapped his feet. Hopefully that helps something. I do have the vitamin b complex in the cabinet, I’ll add that to his water as well. Thank you!
Sorry I didn’t answer all of your questions. He’s a young rooster, about a year or so. This is the third day he’s been like this. Last night I put neosporin and Vaseline on his feet. Today he came out of the coop, yesterday he didn’t. He’s also been in a fight with my other rooster 4 days ago.

If you have more than one roo, and they are fighting, then as the lower roo he may be not getting as much access to feed, which could indicate a deficiency, so do the vitamins. He also could be injured from the fight. If you haven't already done so, I would go over him thoroughly, parting feathers, and make sure he has no wounds or injuries hidden under feathers. If your roo's are fighting then I would separate them, or only keep one.

If you have more than one roo, and they are fighting, then as the lower roo he may be not getting as much access to feed, which could indicate a deficiency, so do the vitamins. He also could be injured from the fight. If you haven't already done so, I would go over him thoroughly, parting feathers, and make sure he has no wounds or injuries hidden under feathers. If your roo's are fighting then I would separate them, or only keep one.

Have you done anything other than the ointment? I would still give him the B complex.
It's possible that it's injury from the fight, and could take some time to recover. Has anything changed since your original post?

Have you done anything other than the ointment? I would still give him the B complex.
It's possible that it's injury from the fight, and could take some time to recover. Has anything changed since your original post?
I got an antiseptic spray this afternoon and sprayed tops and bottoms of his feet and put him on the porch til it dried. That’s it.

Back
Top Bottom