1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Feathered footed bantam!?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chick1043, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Hi! I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but whatever..lol I wanted to figured this out before winter comes. In the fall and winter (I'm not so worried about fall) how easily do bantams get cold? And I have a feather footed dark brahma bantam. Because she has feathers on her feet does that make it easier to get frost bite on her feet? Is there something I should know about snow and chickens? This is my first year raising chickens. Thanks.

2. ladrholman

ladrholman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Musquodoboit
    I have a silkie roo and 2 black bantam cochins and this will be their second winter. they did fine last winter. Make sure they are not outside when it is too cold.

3. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:How cold is "too" cold? And will there feathered feet be okay? Or will the snow make them wet and cold all the time. I mean will the snow frost bite them? Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by