Feathering in Speckled Sussex

I would call. It's so horrible that people are getting birds like that. There's clearly something really wrong. I just showed your pics to my sister and asked who they were of, and she said "Dottie". It looks JUST like she did.

I'm really sorry that happened- Chipmunk is 12-13 weeks old now, how old was Dottie? She has almost all her feathers it's just her back and tail now. I think she'll be okay once she has the rest of her feathers in, it's just getting her to that point and then the reintegration. She's a very brave and curious girl, not super docile or anything.
I think she was 3 months when she died. Mine had most of her feathers too, but never got a tail.

So Chipmunk was being reintegrated after growing her feathers on her back and tail. We took out the bullies and last night was her first night back in the coop. Everything seemed fine, the two bullies were in the house last night and everyone was up on the roost when I checked on them around 9pm. This morning at 8am, Chipmunk was no where to be seen in the run, I checked the coop and she was pushed up into a corner with her head straight in the air.

I don't know what happened, but she's a star gazer now. Was it a genetic thing? Why the other chicken was picking on her and she feathered slowly? Vitamin deficiency? Did she fall off the roost last night and hurt herself? I don't know what happened but my boyfriend is devastated and it's hard to watch. I have her with me now, holding her in my lap while feeding her crumble mixed with water that I crushed a b vitamin complex supplement into. Boyfriend went out to get vitamins E and selenium to add and we have a vet appointment tomorrow morning (of course this would happen on a holiday). Going to try Apple cider vinegar too when he gets back to help me. Putting her down makes her freak out. It's so hard to watch an animal that is terrified and doesn't know what's going on. :(

Only thing that was new was that I did try putting nu stock on her yesterday (it finally came from amazon). Vet doesn't think it's that but kinda beating myself up here for not keeping her inside last night.
20200525_082405.jpg

Back
Top Bottom