feathers everywhere?!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by coltsrox, May 22, 2008.

1. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    hey i notcied my 2 eight week old babies have feathers all over their cage are hey jsiut sheading? or could he be abusing her and in the process losing some feathers himself? i never have ssen them in a fight before.

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I only saw a couple of feathers in my brooder - not a bunch - keep an eye on them - could be something going on

3. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:I have a bunch of 8 week olds and I have the same thing going on. I'm thinking it might be the change in weather (getting warmer here finally) or the girls just playing too rough at times. I haven't noticed anything strange going on with them at all.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I think it is the weather because my 9 week olds have been going through the same thing. It got really hot and now it is in the 60's again...[​IMG]

But mine are in the house near me and there is no fussing going on. They do molt in the summer so the heat may have triggered it.

5. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    interesting we went from hot too cold, like in the 90's to the 50-60's. i hopre my babies are okay!thanx do they molt eveyr year?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by