Feathers & Hats

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by dutchlion, Sep 15, 2014.

1. dutchlion

dutchlion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Peidmont area, NC
    I simply adore feathers [​IMG] I think they are so elegant. I especially love hats that are adorned with feathers. These are a few hats I've done... I'm still learning how to really put them together... but it's so much fun! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'd love to hear & see what others have done! I've also made several pairs of feather earrings... Some of the feathers are chicken, some are parrot (a colleague is being an enabler [​IMG])

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Gee, and I have been throwing the molts away! [​IMG]

3. lovepeeps

lovepeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2014
    Your hats are gorgeous. I am going to make some too. Hair clips might be really pretty too. You have a nice eye for color and composition.

4. dutchlion

dutchlion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Peidmont area, NC
    @lovepeeps I would love to see what you come up with! and i have a mind to do some hair combs, and fascinators... I've just really started doing this, but i do love it!

@sunflour i put the unusable feathers in my compost... they supposedly are wonderful for the soil. a farmer friend of mine told me that and only buys fertilizer and such if chicken feathers are one of the first ingredients. his gardens always are beautiful :)

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Thanks for info, I am placing them along with coop poop clean outs in compost pile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by