Feb 23 Fresno Greater California Poultry Show

I make transport carriers for birds,
our doughter is in 4-H so I have to find some way to help with the cost of her project & going to shows:

I went to the Stockton show and was a little disappointed w/ the sale barn

Thats because alot of the birds were sold Fri. nite. We missed them too​

Last edited:
K-It's for sure! I'm going! I'll be wandering around the sale barn, but I'll be bringing:
Black Crevecoeur hen-Only standard
Blue Cochin pullet
Buff Brahma pullet
Mille Fluer D'uccle Hen
White Leghorn Hen
Mottled Serama pullet
Wheaton Serama cockerel

-Sarah

PS-If anybody is going to be selling show-quality bantams, if you could pm me that would be great-I'm picking some out for my 4H members.

Woops, Lori! You sent that ages ago, I didnt see it, haha. Ok, well I deleted them, but I got your answer already!
tongue.png

I posted an add in BST, so if anyone wants some new birds, I might have em!
wink.png

Hey there!
smile.png

I have never been to one of these shows( I'm pretty new to the whole chiken thing) I was wondering if someone could tell me a thing or two on what to expect, I Would really appreciate it. I have a few black tailed Japanese bantams and a pair of black tailed buff japanese bantams. Oh and Tyson! :mad: a standard size game bird that was given to me. Very agressive! I'm looking to expand my bantam collection.
smile.png

Well the entries were up on the 2/11
the show will be at the fair gds. on Chance in Fresno, I think that they are planning on about 800 entries at this show, they will all be in pens so you can get a good look at them, I usualy tell new people to go to these show & look at all the different breeds & var. of colors before they comment to a bird then you can also talk to the owner/breeders & find out more info. on raising & careing, some breeds require different conditions.

We look forward to this show ea. year the people who put on & attend are great.

I posted in the BST section but I will ask here too! I am looking for a weekish old pullet to get on the 23rd at the show! I would prefer a welsummer! I am going to be getting another chick and thought I would have a couple of friends for her but that didn't work out! Anyone going to have chicks that I can buy?? I am in sacramento so if you are near me I could pickup before or after the show as well!
big_smile.png
Thanks everyone!

I'm still not clear about this show in Fresno??? Just want to look around and learn. What is the best time to come? Is there a entrance fee? And confused about the date. Seen different info out there. This is in my backyard so I'd love to be there!
Thanks
farmhand aka Clifford aka Grampa:)

Back
Top Bottom