February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
That's a great hatch rate! So you laid them on their sides at lockdown for the shipped eggs and then later batches just started the shipped eggs on their sides? Sorry, my brain is slow right now. I noticed my "on the side" eggs seem to be developing faster, which makes me wonder.

I'm sorry you lost one. That's extra frustrating when they die for no apparent reason. What a happy ending for those chicks overall though. Thank you for sharing the pics also!
No sorry a bit confusing with my wording. I only had them upright for I think around 5-7 days. But the detached cells didn't seem to change at all and wobbly cells got a bit less wobbly but not much. So just moved them to their sides after reading many here that said side or upright didn't change much for them.

No sorry a bit confusing with my wording. I only had them upright for I think around 5-7 days. But the detached cells didn't seem to change at all and wobbly cells got a bit less wobbly but not much. So just moved them to their sides after reading many here that said side or upright didn't change much for them.
Thank you so much. That's really helpful. I'm realizing that everyone has a best way that works for them. Even the "expert hatching guides" have conflicting info sometimes. I guess it takes some intuition and experience to know exactly what will work best for your own situation.😅 It's really good to know that upright vs on the side won't have that much of a difference. One less thing to worry about.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. That's really helpful. I'm realizing that everyone has a best way that works for them. Even the "expert hatching guides" have conflicting info sometimes. I guess it takes some intuition and experience to know exactly what will work best for your own situation.😅 It's really good to know that upright vs on the side won't have that much of a difference. One less thing to worry about.
yes everyone has what works and most feel their way is best or the only way. I put out what worked for me but also say do what works best for you. :) Not every egg, incubator or person are going to fit into the same mold.

Back
Top Bottom