February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Good news and bad news, candled for the last time, day 17. All are alive except the blue egg i mentioned before, i was finally able to get a good look at it and it appears it is detached, or whatever thats called- Where the air pocket swings around the egg? I hear this happens with shipped eggs alot but mine came from my own chickens, what could have caused that?

Good news and bad news, candled for the last time, day 17. All are alive except the blue egg i mentioned before, i was finally able to get a good look at it and it appears it is detached, or whatever thats called- Where the air pocket swings around the egg? I hear this happens with shipped eggs alot but mine came from my own chickens, what could have caused that?
Were you running around with it? I think with shipping it feels for the eggs that someones running around with them and the air cell gets detached.

A few of mine have done this as well and all handled carefully and not tossed around in the nest boxes. I haven't figured out what causes it...

Back
Top Bottom