February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Another update, the day 18 decided they wanted to chirp, gotta an early bird. now expecting two chickies tomorrow :D
At first i had though she had a chick hatched under already as i didnt even have to hold an egg and i heard chirping, so the day 18 is definitely a noisy baby, the day 19 egg has just started chirping not long ago, and its a bantam- Hopefully this doesnt mean i have a noisy rooster on my hands.

I'm on day 13 with my main batch, they all look good. The shipped egg babies are moving more slowly. No more jumping bean-like movements. Perhaps this is because there is less room in the egg. 🤔

My added farm eggs are on day 4. Five of the six show development. The sixth egg is as dark as a black hole. I can hardly see a thing. It's a green/olive egg. I'm assuming it's fertile as well though. My tray (turning through vent hole during lockdown for this batch) only holds five eggs so I'll need to figure something out for number six.

I read somewhere to stop turning altogether at day 14. I may try this. They claimed it helped reduce malpositioned chicks.

I'm on day 13 with my main batch, they all look good. The shipped egg babies are moving more slowly. No more jumping bean-like movements. Perhaps this is because there is less room in the egg. 🤔

My added farm eggs are on day 4. Five of the six show development. The sixth egg is as dark as a black hole. I can hardly see a thing. It's a green/olive egg. I'm assuming it's fertile as well though. My tray (turning through vent hole during lockdown for this batch) only holds five eggs so I'll need to figure something out for number six.

I read somewhere to stop turning altogether at day 14. I may try this. They claimed it helped reduce malpositioned chicks.
Those green eggs are a pain! I want to hatch more of them at some point but they stress me out lol :rant<-representation of me candling green egg

Back
Top Bottom