February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Day 7 here. I pulled another clear from my eggs. I suspect the only one remaining is also clear, but it’s pretty dark shelled, so I’m not 100% sure yet and will give it a few more days before pulling it. The 4 remaining Marans eggs are so dark I really can’t see anything at all, but a couple of them are showing good air cell development. Trying to be optimistic there. The 7 Ameraucana eggs are getting full enough that I can’t see much exciting there, either. Which is good. At least they’re keeping me from a complete bust of a hatch!

Hopefully not bad news, day 20 for the bantam baby and although i heard it yesterday moving around it still hasnt chirped and no pip. Specifically, i heard the bantam egg yesterday morning, no chrips just movement, a lot of it. The other egg on the other hand has pipped and I didnt hear it until that night- Is the bantam baby just not processing as fast?

The first of hopefully 5 is here. Two more are pipped and a third is rocking.
Seems to prefer the temp/humidity reader than the eggs for company.

Attachments

• 20230203_224230.jpg
    20230203_224230.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230203_224455.jpg
    20230203_224455.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 6
The first of hopefully 5 is here. Two more are pipped and a third is rocking.
Seems to prefer the temp/humidity reader than the eggs for company.
Yesss! I am hearing some kind of noise coming from one of the eggs. Or it might be the fire. I think I'm getting overexcited. Peep peep! Soon we are all going to have peeping chicks all over the place!!
:fl :duc 🤣 😨 <-- what I feel like- ALL AT THE SAME TIME

Yesss! I am hearing some kind of noise coming from one of the eggs. Or it might be the fire. I think I'm getting overexcited. Peep peep! Soon we are all going to have peeping chicks all over the place!!
:fl :duc 🤣 😨 <-- what I feel like- ALL AT THE SAME TIME
Oh so exciting. Nothing here yet. I am just so nervous even more so this time around and not sure why.

Hopefully not bad news, day 20 for the bantam baby and although i heard it yesterday moving around it still hasnt chirped and no pip. Specifically, i heard the bantam egg yesterday morning, no chrips just movement, a lot of it. The other egg on the other hand has pipped and I didnt hear it until that night- Is the bantam baby just not processing as fast?
Movement is good. He just may not have internally pipped yet. You won't hear chirping until the internal pip happens.

Back
Top Bottom