February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Day 15 for the shipped egg. I am going to prepare the hatching incubator the day before lockdown when they get moved. I will take off the wire floor before adding water, since water likes to cling to the wire if you pour it through the wire.
incubato.PNG

Also I am going to aim the curve of the wire down to keep eggs in the center, not touching the walls of the incubator.
Below is how they will look, (not the current eggs). Rope is good to keep eggs from being kicked about.
incubator.PNG

My Lockdown for shipped eggs is Monday eve. But I will not lockdown if they are not ready.

This is my first ever try at incubating eggs. Wish me luck! These are some local Easter eggers. The five darker ones in the middle were freshly laid this morning and the rest were a bit cold so we’ll see how it goes! All air cells were very tiny and didn’t move at all. Fingers crossed!

View attachment 3394454
My first try for hatching eggs too. I am in lockdown currently so I will have chicks soon. Good fortune.

This is my first ever try at incubating eggs. Wish me luck! These are some local Easter eggers. The five darker ones in the middle were freshly laid this morning and the rest were a bit cold so we’ll see how it goes! All air cells were very tiny and didn’t move at all. Fingers crossed!

View attachment 3394454
So you're incubating all EEs?

Just joining ya all. I finally received my hatching eggs this morning. I am hatching some Ayam Cemani’s and a few Bantam Cotchin eggs. First time ever hatching eggs and I’m for sure nervous and excited at the same time. If all goes well I will be doing Call ducks next. And then Pavlovskaya. I have a chicken problem but I am keeping in mind that not all 15 Ayam Cemani’s will hatch and that my Cochins may not all hatch either. But if I don’t have anymore laid before I start the incubator I will only have 4 Cochins. I have to clean the one Cochin egg better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 1
  • FC349392-6D28-4A17-A489-119CD06D8BE6.jpeg
    FC349392-6D28-4A17-A489-119CD06D8BE6.jpeg
    505.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom