February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Sorry to jump in with another newbie concern. This is my only remaining Spitzhauben egg and the air cell seems large for day 14? It's also the smallest egg. Thoughts? I did remember to candle the right end this time.:wee

Love seeing all the pics of hatched chicks and pips! Living vicariously through you guys and trying not to think too much about my hatch next week. 😭

View attachment 3395155
Do the other eggs look ok? If they do and don't seem big I would say you are fine. But I am not good with air cells and think mine are always too small but then chicks hatch with zero issues... So hopefully someone that is better at it will reply.

Bad news ? Day 21 for the bantam egg and I no longer hear/feel movement and no chirping either. The other two RS eggs, no movement yet but they are only day 19'ers so theres still hope, they are also huge eggs so i suppose it'd take longer for them to get ready.
oh no. you can put a safety hole in the air cell side and see if you see any movement or not. maybe it is napping? hopefully

did one last candle since I have no external pips. 8/11 have internal pips and the other 3 have shadowing. This is a VERY quiet batch. I heard some quiet peeps in a couple of the eggs but that was it, but saw movement in the air cell in others and the advanced from last night so I know they are still alive. Just very very quiet chicks!!!!!!

I had one my last hatch that was SOOO loud in the shell. I could hear it right when I walked in the room. Well as I said before it is in my bedroom, it hatched at like 5:30 am and its chirping woke me up it was soo loud. None of the other chicks chirping woke me up. haahaa! since I hatch for someone else I am not sure if it is still just as loud now or not. LOL

Yessss! Today I have 2 chicks! Their chirping did wake me up, and I have at least 4 more pipped. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
oh how exciting! I hope mine are not that far behind you since we are both on day 20! Mine normally hatch day 20 but I struggled a bit with my heat this time so seems they are more on track for later day 20 or day 21 which feels like FOREVER!!!!!!!! my day 20 technically starts in like 3.5 hrs.

Any pics yet????

did one last candle since I have no external pips. 8/11 have internal pips and the other 3 have shadowing. This is a VERY quiet batch. I heard some quiet peeps in a couple of the eggs but that was it, but saw movement in the air cell in others and the advanced from last night so I know they are still alive. Just very very quiet chicks!!!!!!

I had one my last hatch that was SOOO loud in the shell. I could hear it right when I walked in the room. Well as I said before it is in my bedroom, it hatched at like 5:30 am and its chirping woke me up it was soo loud. None of the other chicks chirping woke me up. haahaa! since I hatch for someone else I am not sure if it is still just as loud now or not. LOL
What day are they on? I saw a post somewhere that someone played some mama hen sounds for the chicks from you tube videos. Not to rush them if they aren’t ready but more like….a motivational speech haha.

Back
Top Bottom