February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
If I am not sure I leave them. If I am sure I remove them. If there are veins I always leave them.
Ok. I’m not seeing any veins at all and I took pictures. Adjusted contrast, brightness etc anything I could think of to try and tell better. I am going to pull them. Logically I feel it’s the right move but of course I have no experience. I plan on doing eggtopsy and will chalk this up to a learning experience if I am totally wrong.

Yay, another chick, Maria, just hatched! I think she is going to be brown, like Petunia. The chicks are very clumsy when they are just hatched. I heard that before, but I didn't think they would be trying to preen themselves and fall on their butts. 🐣
🐥 :jumpy 🤣
Lol. They are sooo funny when just hatched. Stumbling all over etc. My last hatch there was one that would run full force right into another egg and just roll over it and land on it's face on the other side.🤣😂🤣😂🤣. I would just sit and laugh

Ok. I’m not seeing any veins at all and I took pictures. Adjusted contrast, brightness etc anything I could think of to try and tell better. I am going to pull them. Logically I feel it’s the right move but of course I have no experience. I plan on doing eggtopsy and will chalk this up to a learning experience if I am totally wrong.
It is such a hard decision.

I’m considering pulling the two eggs that seem to be quitters. I’m having trouble with deciding. No changes in 3 days, no movement. It’s day 10. Am I being presumptuous? I had to stack 2 eggs to begin with because I over ordered (14 eggs in a 12 capacity) but the two I feel are quitters are ones I really want. I’m leaning towards pulling them now to give the strong ones a better chance.
I’m so sorry! What color are the shells? It’s so hard to know with the green and dark brown especially. I had two quitters in white shells that I kept way too long. I finally was able to toss them when I saw blackish stuff forming, but they had a blood ring and no movement for days. They probably would have cracked soon.

It is such a hard decision.
This one is that is easy to see. I’ll wait until total dark candle and make final decision.

Attachments

• 8277035F-B8CF-4642-9A1D-CA00CB1CC1C5.jpeg
    8277035F-B8CF-4642-9A1D-CA00CB1CC1C5.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 1
I’m so sorry! What color are the shells? It’s so hard to know with the green and dark brown especially. I had two quitters in white shells that I kept way too long. I finally was able to toss them when I saw blackish stuff forming, but they had a blood ring and no movement for days. They probably would have cracked soon.
On is cream colored and easy to see in (just posted a pic). The other is my maran. I’ll candle once more and pull if no change. Honestly I’m surprised it’s only two at this point so I am counting myself as lucky!

This one is that is easy to see. I’ll wait until total dark candle and make final decision.
Ya I don't see anything. I start with one egg. Figure if I was wrong with that one I will leave any others. I haven't been wrong yet.

Back
Top Bottom