February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Do I wait or do I help? I think wait is the best option.
Since you started to help some blood may have glued it to the shell.
After 24 hours from the last time you were "helping" it I'd see if you need to help pull back the top part of the shell and let it push out on its own.
If you wouldn't have intervened this wouldn't have been a problem, sorry. 🤐

Do I wait or do I help? I think wait is the best option.
Since you started to help some blood may have glued it to the shell.
I'd dab some coconut oil or mineral oil, or even just warm water with a Q-tip onto the exposed membrane and around the perimeter of the pip. Careful not get it into the beak or nostrils. And on the area of the broken blood vessel, and paper towel if it's still stuck. You need to keep things moist and lubricated.

I'd dab some coconut oil or mineral oil, or even just warm water with a Q-tip onto the exposed membrane and around the perimeter of the pip. Careful not get it into the beak or nostrils. And on the area of the broken blood vessel, and paper towel if it's still stuck. You need to keep things moist and lubricated.
Okay thank you I'll try that! :)

I live in Poland, so it was from a breeder a couple hours away. We don’t have the amazing hatcheries that the US has, unfortunately. We have to gamble on shipped or local eggs and chicks from breeders.
Ah! How lovely! I was talking to a local person with blue coppers and then I haven't heard back since I asked when the next hatch would be. I luckily found an amazing breeder local to me of another breed I have always wanted though, so I may go that route. Local can be better when you're dealing with long waits and premium prices for certain breeds, but then obviously they are just people so it doesn't always work out. 🤷

Back
Top Bottom