Feed companies response to the “big question”.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...king-chickens-lay-fewer-eggs-no-improper-nut/

Politifact/Snopes/(insert website of your choice here) has spoken. No more discussion by crazy conspiracy theorists is allowed...

:cool: ;):rolleyes:

Seriously, ad hominem comments about nuts and tinfoil hats doesn't contribute to the conversation. Anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything, either. I'd like to see someone actually investigate possible adulteration of chicken feed. Remember a few years ago all the cats and dogs that died due to contamination in pet food? I do.

From my local TS:

1E44E1AE-30B1-41B1-917E-E9E9C674A908.jpeg
8CDF9972-1654-4DCD-8A4A-FDA5B4D2C621.jpeg

What is egg production controlled by?
The pituitary gland secretes hormones.
Why does the pituitary gland change its output?
The gland is directly influenced by light levels, right through the skin.
As a chicken ages, the pituitary gland becomes less active. Genetics play a big role in how fast that occurs. Stress can also affect the pituitary gland.

Why is no one wondering if hatcheries screwed with the genetics to force customers to buy more chicks?
I'd find that infinitely more plausible than a feed issue which doesn't make them sick, is not affecting their feathers (high demand for protein there, and I have seen chickens look like shit after a month on 16% or less), no other symptoms but to mysteriously rob only some people of their expected eggs. The logic is non-existent.

And when asked to provide any proof - someone else is even paying for it - the answer is consistently "No".

And when asked to provide any proof - someone else is even paying for it - the answer is consistently "No".

I thought @Aunt Angus did find someone today, to provide a sample of one of the feeds (chickens ate the feed while not laying, then began laying after a switch to different feed.) So that would be at least one person saying "yes" to one way of looking for actual answer.

I have heard some say that changing feed to goat feed solved the 'no egg' problem. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of the introducing goat feed exclusively instead of laying pellets?
Sure.

I've had a thought.

or Two

or three or four, but I'm out of lunch time and need to get back to work, rather than looking for links.

Correct, as far as it goes.

I'd have appreciated a stronger statement - we've randomly selected samples from stores across the nation and arranged for testing by numerous independent laboratories
  • . Independent testing has confirmed that each of the tested sample met or exceeded the levels listed on the product's guaranteed nutritional tag.

But that's just me being an @$$ - I don't think there is a persistent, wide spread, problem with those feeds.

I think Tractor Supply has a written response they’re handing out to customers. Later today I’ll stop by and see.

However, I’d also add that the conspiracy theorists aren’t likely to believe any response except one that confirms what they already believe.
Or an objective person would understand that the amount of money thrown around in big farm could actually attract nefarious deeds. I trust noone.

Correct, as far as it goes.

I'd have appreciated a stronger statement - we've randomly selected samples from stores across the nation and arranged for testing by numerous independent laboratories
  • . Independent testing has confirmed that each of the tested sample met or exceeded the levels listed on the product's guaranteed nutritional tag.

But that's just me being an @$$ - I don't think there is a persistent, wide spread, problem with those feeds.
That would have been a better response, they just gave a blanket one. I personally am unsure if there is a feed issue. I have never fed Dumor or Producer's Pride so I can't attest to any issues

Or an objective person would understand that the amount of money thrown around in big farm could actually attract nefarious deeds. I trust noone.
I read an article earlier today that said the Chinese gov bought Smithfield pork company back in 2013. They still have all their pigs here in the USA but it made me wonder why the Chinese gov would want to buy the largest pork producer in this country? Just an interesting read

Back
Top Bottom