Feed companies response to the “big question”.

Pics
I read an article earlier today that said the Chinese gov bought Smithfield pork company back in 2013. They still have all their pigs here in the USA but it made me wonder why the Chinese gov would want to buy the largest pork producer in this country? Just an interesting read
The amount of land they own here is dumbfounding. They say they want to rot us from the inside, yet we continue to allow it and our populous is willfully ignorant to the real dangers for fear of being called a bad name. They just trust the industry will check on themselves and make sure they do the best for everyone. I'm not that gullible. I wish fewer were.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...king-chickens-lay-fewer-eggs-no-improper-nut/

Politifact/Snopes/(insert website of your choice here) has spoken. No more discussion by crazy conspiracy theorists is allowed...

:cool: ;):rolleyes:

Seriously, ad hominem comments about nuts and tinfoil hats doesn't contribute to the conversation. Anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything, either. I'd like to see someone actually investigate possible adulteration of chicken feed. Remember a few years ago all the cats and dogs that died due to contamination in pet food? I do.
For those who don't remember, here is Purina saying there was nothing wrong with their feeds, that were apparently contaminated and causing pet deaths:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...neful-dog-food-poisoning-killing-dogs-n312176

https://nypost.com/2021/08/18/pet-food-linked-to-over-130-dog-deaths-220-illnesses-fda-warns/

Purina again:
https://breedingbusiness.com/dog-food-made-in-china/

The amount of land they own here is dumbfounding. They say they want to rot us from the inside, yet we continue to allow it and our populous is willfully ignorant to the real dangers for fear of being called a bad name. They just trust the industry will check on themselves and make sure they do the best for everyone. I'm not that gullible. I wish fewer were.
💯

Or an objective person would understand that the amount of money thrown around in big farm could actually attract nefarious deeds. I trust noone.
The choices in this isn’t between “big farm” and the “little man.” The other “Big Farm” competitors of Tractor Supply and Purina still financially benefit from the propagation of this conspiracy theory.

If you really want to stick it to “Big Farm,” only free range your chickens and feed them NO commercial chicken feed whatsoever. Big Farm owns your local feed mill. Do it like they did it in 1850.

Otherwise, you’re just falling for someone’s advertising campaign against their competition.

Make no mistake, the Youtube personalities talking this up are just as much paid shills as the next person. Trust no one? Why do you trust them?
I'm not saying I trust them. I agree we need to outsource less. Unfortunately, I'm not in a situation where I can simply free range and eliminate feed. I do however research food sources that can be grown on hand and am working on that the best we can from a residential lot. When I take in what current homesteaders say, I also take in to account what the other first hand experience is in the comments. Like here. I also pay attention to the reports that the formulations have changed with all the supply chain issues. So im doing the very things that you point out and still come to the same conclusions.

I'm not saying I trust them. I agree we need to outsource less. Unfortunately, I'm not in a situation where I can simply free range and eliminate feed. I do however research food sources that can be grown on hand and am working on that the best we can from a residential lot. When I take in what current homesteaders say, I also take in to account what the other first hand experience is in the comments. Like here. I also pay attention to the reports that the formulations have changed with all the supply chain issues. So im doing the very things that you point out and still come to the same conclusions.
I'd like to see where the feed is documented to have changed. Do you have a link to that?

Back
Top Bottom