Feed for Silkies and OEG Banams

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by amysue2012, Jun 18, 2008.

1. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Any suggestions on what is the best feed for Silkies and OEG Banams? Scratch, Layer, Game feed? [​IMG]

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I feed all of my chicken babies the same thing, chick starter. And adults all the same thing, laying crumbles.

I did when I have OEGB, too.

3. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    I feed every one the same thing too- for the grown ups - I blend a 50 # bag each of layer crumbles, a gamechcicken mix like redneck rooster or kicken chicken or my favorite but hard to find uppercut and a new addition I am trying pigeon feed the green one and I add in oyster shell, pigeon grit and DE scoop into a big trash can and mix after each scoop.Somtimes I add sunfllower seed too. I feed silkies, OEGB's and seramas as well as a few layers.They get to free range a little too and get a few treats of people food.Some are in tractors.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I feed them layer pellets, and cracked corn. Once in a while I through in some un-medicated chick starter.

5. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    silkies need vitamin E and I don' think you are supposed to feed them too much cracked corn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by