Feed info/help

Goatduckens

Hatching
Jul 23, 2017
Hey all, was looking for some help.I have 3 New Hampshire reds and a Pekin that I have together.I just got 2 leghorns and a Gl Wyandotte from a local farm.They are supposedly 20 weeks but don't look like it to me,they still have more growing to do and the leghorns don't have a larger red comb it's still pale and short.I believe I have roughly 12-15 week pullets.I have the new guys separated right now but gave them a mix of scratch grains and dumor layer crumbles upon arrival.So my question is if I give them flock raiser and put them in with my other guys in a week or so can I give my 3 other hens and Pekin flock raiser and then switch back when they are all laying? Ultimately I'm worried about switching their feed back and forth within a few weeks.Has anyone ever done this? I did this before a little over a year ago but it was only with 2 pekins and a red hen I had also a short sample time.Thanks for any input and answers!

Give them folk raiser while they are separated, mix a bit of the flock raiser in with the flock's regular feed when they're all together and week it out as you go ... everyone wild be fine

Well, since the young ones haven't been there very long, they won't know the difference.
You could technically give them flock raiser year-round with a supplement of oyster shells. Read the label, there may be enough calcium in Flock Raiser. Normal is like 3%

Thank you for the replies Mace Gill and Fanci Feathers! Yea, I think Im going to give the new guys Flock raiser and then eventually slowly introduce some of the flockraiser to my other hens. I wouldnt bother but I cant tell how old my new hens are and I have a feeling theyre at least a month away from laying.At this point they are kind of in a quarantine/isolation period anyway. Im going to wait to introduce them for probably at least 2-3 weeks until the newbies get bigger and I know theyre healthy. Ideally I would like to wait until theyre all laying so I can put them all on layer feed but I dont know if I can wait that long. So ill give the new hens some flock raiser and then slowly introduce flockraiser to my original 3 as well until they can all be on layer,I guess. Haha

Back
Top Bottom