feed prices

Quote:
Me too. We obviously shop at the same store and use the same product.
thumbsup.gif

Check Concentrates on SE 8th in Portland. They have:

Buxton's 4-Grain 16% (Local, Much OG, No GMO, No Soy) 50# 25.00 (Buxton's is a small grain mill in North Plains)
Cascade Org 3 grain scratch (local) 50# 19.00

You won't be able to get Cascade feeds from Concentrates unless you live outside of Portland (it's not on the price list; you have to inquire). The price is the same as the Urban Farm Store though.

YEP, the Urban Farm Store! I live in the Beaverton area in unincorporated Washington County so UFS is a bit closer. Ludemans in Beaverton doesn't have soy free organic layer mash--darn

I buy layer crumbles, 50 lbs, for 8.95 before tax and my mixed scratch grains 25 lbs for 5.90 before tax.

The layer has 17% protein and the scratch has 9%. I do about a 4 parts layer to 1 part scratch.

For the name brand feed at tractor supply, I would be paying around 13.00 for layer same size and 8.50 for same size scratch.

I buy mine at a local feed store and the feed is actually milled about 45 miles away.

Purina Layena: 13.25 per 50#s
Scratch: 8.50 per 50#

I tried a cheaper 'laying pellet'; it was a JOKE. The shells turned paperthin and the yolks were gross and pale. I would love to find a local mill....

Tractor supy layen 12.95 50# 17% protien 9.80 for corn 4.00 for 20 lb bag of black sunflower seed. I typically only buy 7 grain scratch when I buy it. I feed gamebird to my pheasants at 15$ 50lb bag. My babies get lots of hay. Typically I'll put a bale of alfalfa out for them once weekly.
smile.png

12.69 for 50# of layer pellets at TSC . I also get 4.99 bag of bird seed,mix it with a 4.00 bag of BOSS and that's their constant staples.Other than that they get lots of scraps!

I just paid 16.49 for fifty lbs of grower at tsc in w kentucky. It has gone up 2 dollors since thanksgiving, the dumor layer has gone to almost14 dollars.

I have a coupon for Purina chicken food for 3.00 off a 50 lb. bag I don't need food or know where i can buy this brand here. If anyone would like it I will mail it to whom ever wants it. It expires FAST 1-31-2011 so I need to get it in the mail ASAP. Just send me a e-mail to [email protected] with your address and it's yours!

we haven't seen the end of this folks, gas goes up so does everything else, buy American gas, the Saudi's are boycotting some of our products, lets tell them what we think of that, theres alot of gas companies that don't import foreign oil. Lets support our country, and our farmers.. Buy American when we can..

Back
Top Bottom