Feed question

I'm just jealous over free feed
I cannot even tell you have lucky I feel to have this guy as my neighbor. He helped me put up an electric fence after a bear attack, provided antibiotics, and is coming to cull my sick rooster this week. I shower him with garden veggies and honey in return.

I'd love that free feed too!
Adding veggies lowers the protein % more too. I like feeding higher protein feed, it works well for my flock.
Mary
About your nutrition question, his bags are around 50 pounds and I'm only adding about 15-20 pounds of scratch. I do feed veggie scraps when I have them, but I really have very little veggie waste since most goes into making stock and then those scraps are fed to the dog.

If the active ingredient is Amprolium in the Medicated feed. The eggs are safe to eat.
Info from Nutrena.View attachment 2267308
As for a feed brand, I like and buy both Nutrena Naturewise and Purina.
For an organic feed I like Nature's Best.
All are available at TSC.

When changing feed I like to mix 50/50 for a week.
So when you have 3 to 4 days of the chick feed left, mix it with the layer feed.
If you're switching to a Pellet, try tossing on dry ground with Scratch or Corn to get them interested.

Put out a container of Oyster Shells after 15 weeks old.
Myself I don't feed a layers feed to my hens. I feed a Non-Medicated Starter-Grower 18% or a All-Flock crumble with Oyster Shells separately. GC

Not quite sure of ingredients- I don’t have the bag anymore but it was Purina medicated grower crumbles.
Hoping it’s ok.

Back
Top Bottom