Feed sack recycling ideas??

Pics
I cut the bottoms off the bags and slice them up the side.
I use these mini-dropcloths to cover the floor of my coops, under the perches.
Every other day, I switch them out with clean ones.
I dump the manure in a feed bag to cure and spray the mini-dropcloths with the hose for re-use.
Less fumes in the coop.
I cut pieces to size and line my brooder with them.

I cut some down and made tote bags out of them. I like your idea. That will be a real time and effort saver.

Thanks everyone! Some great ideas here! I like the idea of covering boards w/the bags; we’ll be insulating our chicken shed w/styrofoam (because we already have it) & it does have to be covered. Didn’t think to use the feedbags!

I also like the idea of making bags; people can always use reusable grocery sacks!

Not sure about lining nest boxes w/them; I’d rather use straw because it gets kinda chilly in the winter (in Fairbanks, AK). But lining the bottom of the chicken shed is an idea...
I forgot, I did it so long ago, but I did line my coop walls with them. Maybe a bit of insulation, but I used the pink ones, just to pretty up the coop. The girls apprecciated my decorating.

Yeah! Old hippies and Mother Earthers, unite! Rawr! I make my own yogurt and, until recently, baked my own bread ... still regaining arm strength following two shoulder surgeries and now doing battle with some dragon that calls itself fibro .... and yeah, the i-gen thinks I walked with dinosaurs but what do they know, right? ;):old
Have you heard of the No kneed bread recipe. Best bread in the world, and kind to your arm. Google it, see what you think.

usually we use them as a trash bag in the coop, like sometimes there's trash n what not. and then we empty another feed bag and that goes in the trashbag too. pretty nifty

the feed bags we get are not plastic and they're combustible so we took all the old ones that are dirty and burned them. now they are ash.

Back
Top Bottom