Feed sound off, Purina vs Blueseal vs Nutrena

I've never tried Blue Seal. You can get it in an all flock pellet? I've never seen it at my tsc. Will look into that, thanks.

I started my flock on an organic crumble and loved it, but the place I was buying from isn't reliable anymore so I switched to Nutrena All Flock pellets. I like the pellets because I feel like there's less waste and the sparrows and finches can't eat it.
I'm positive they have layer in pellets, and grower...I'm sure all flock as well , call local Tsc they might be able to order it ... I'll find out from mine... I'm in Connecticut. Maybe blueseals website ... I'll check if they even carry it.... BUT I used the all flock crumble from blue seal

I've never tried Blue Seal. You can get it in an all flock pellet? I've never seen it at my tsc. Will look into that, thanks.

I started my flock on an organic crumble and loved it, but the place I was buying from isn't reliable anymore so I switched to Nutrena All Flock pellets. I like the pellets because I feel like there's less waste and the sparrows and finches can't eat it.
Bingo!!! Check out blue seal website they do have an all flock pellet..... There are extra egg layer is what I use.....it's great

I guess if something is not available regional we can only figure out what's the best possible one for what we have available.... I mean anything blue seal for me has worked and Purina in my experience..... I guess we all have to see what works best but some brands are undeniably made of better quality.:lol::hmm:cool:

I just made the switch to blue seal multiflock chick/game starter grower with this last batch of chicks. I really like it. My silkie chicks are now 6 weeks old and transitioning them from crumble to the pellet. They have grown and feathered out just as well if not better than when I used Nutreana starter. My Blue Seal farm store is nice and clean and the feed is kept in a clean temp controlled room. The 2 bags I have bought so far were only a week from manufactured date so very fresh. This was the main reason I went on the hunt for a new feed store as my TSC feed is hit or miss with fresh bags and they are always covered in dust and dirt. My small feed store that sells Pullin grain the bags were always older than I like (2 + months from manufactured date) and they store the bags out in an old barn style building that the door is always open, there had been times in early spring that the bags had moisture on them from the snow thaw. Once this group of chicks are older I may try the new Better Feather feed they just came out with. My store had it on display as its a brand new product it look similar to the Nutrena feather fixer that I usually use for my flock.

Dels/TSC here in Hilo switching from Purina to Dumor ... Years ago they were selling Home Grown along with Purina products. They switched the Home Grown to Dumor but still carried Purina. Tried the Dumor back then and will NEVER use it again. Now I've noticed it's mostly Dumor product in store. IF they ever stop selling Flock Raiser, I'm switching feed stores (Nutrena).

Thanks! It seems to be the only alternative on the market if you are avoiding soy.

Ironically, when using a soy-free feed, it is often the Flax and/or Canola meal that will give you a fishy tasting egg. Not the fishmeal.

It would make sense that it was the added fishmeal but it's not. The soy free diets will typically have upwards of 20%+ inclusions of Flax and/or canola, and it is well documented that it will cause fishy eggs with certain breeds. In normal rations, the amount of flax or canola is only about 10%, and doesn't cause the issue with inclusion rates that low.

Back
Top Bottom