Feed store + Chicken math = Trying ti integrate

TX Chick Noob

DH says I'm obsessed with my chickens 😂
Premium Feather Member
So we had to go to the feed store today to get llama food. We went to see the chicks of course, even though we have the ten at home and weren't planning on more right now. But we saw two that were a little older that were in with a bunch of younger ones that were really picking on them. So Bonnie and Kay the Barnevelders came home with us.

They are just over three weeks old, and our older ones are just over five we grabbed a small dog kennel and have them in the coop so they can all see each other and interact a little. They older ones are curious, and have also stick their head in to steal a little food, but nobody has acted aggressively yet. How long do you think the little one will have to be locked up?
5B803773-A71A-415A-B2AB-AF03B86BCDAD.jpeg

894276A6-383B-4FE1-9254-2D3C77B94202.jpeg

1D798609-D52A-4D5F-9592-BF1DEBB791AB.jpeg

It's always dangerous to walk into a feed store that has brooders of babies, isn't it?

I've also saved a smaller chick that was being picked on by its store room mates. Mine, quite unintentionally, became a house chicken. Can't recommend that.

Congrats on Bonnie and Kay, and best wishes for their integration. Mine have always taken more than a few days to integrate, so don't worry if it takes a while. Let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom