Feed Store Mystery Eggs!

Hucklekree

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 4, 2011
SW WA State
My son and I go to the locally owned feed store at least 3 times a week in the summer just to explore/get out of the house/see if they have anything we 'might need'.
tongue.png
I was there today when the brillant idea hit me while looking in on their chicken pen-why not see if there are any eggs from that pen and try to hatch them? They have about 30 chickens in a large enclosure for sale both genders and where do all those eggs go? So I asked if they could hold back 2 days worth of eggs and they said they'd be more than happy to. yay! I can't go get them until thursday but I thought it might be fun to post pictures of all the egg types and the development and of course the chicks. I can't wait to see what comes out. The chickens in the pen range from Marans to EEs to Welsummers to Wyandottes with some bantams.

So I got the eggs this Saturday and have been rather busy with well...life and so I'm just getting all the incubating supplies put together today. I will try to upload pictures of the eggs tonight so we can all see what I'm starting with. Not as many eggs as I had hoped for but more than enough I'm sure
tongue.png
. Definitely have a few EEs and not so sure about the rest...

Back
Top Bottom