Feed Store Mystery Eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hucklekree, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Hucklekree

Hucklekree Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    Enumclaw
    My son and I go to the locally owned feed store at least 3 times a week in the summer just to explore/get out of the house/see if they have anything we 'might need'. [​IMG] I was there today when the brillant idea hit me while looking in on their chicken pen-why not see if there are any eggs from that pen and try to hatch them? They have about 30 chickens in a large enclosure for sale both genders and where do all those eggs go? So I asked if they could hold back 2 days worth of eggs and they said they'd be more than happy to. yay! I can't go get them until thursday but I thought it might be fun to post pictures of all the egg types and the development and of course the chicks. I can't wait to see what comes out. The chickens in the pen range from Marans to EEs to Welsummers to Wyandottes with some bantams.

2. Hucklekree

Hucklekree Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    Enumclaw
    So I got the eggs this Saturday and have been rather busy with well...life and so I'm just getting all the incubating supplies put together today. I will try to upload pictures of the eggs tonight so we can all see what I'm starting with. Not as many eggs as I had hoped for but more than enough I'm sure [​IMG]. Definitely have a few EEs and not so sure about the rest...

3. Honeysucklefeathers

Honeysucklefeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    western KY
    [​IMG]

4. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like a fun project! Hope to see the outcome! [​IMG]

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Oh, that sounds fun! I hope you post lots of pictures and keep us posted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by