Feed Store Not telling??

AzRooster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
SE. Arizona
I recently bought 6 Buff Orpington Chicks from a local feed store. Today I called out of curiosity to see what hatchery they buy from and the owner told me they don't tell people that:/. Why not?? I was caught off guard when she told me that. Any thoughts??

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif

I think that is odd, I called mine & they told me. Maybe they are to local & they are worried you will buy direct?
idunno.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from California
frow.gif

I don't know why they wouldn't tell you, but I have noticed that the feed stores will hang a poster of the different chicken breeds and around here anyway, the poster just "happens" to come from the hatchery they order from.

That's wrong. I've never heard of that. My store actually keeps the catalog of the hatchery right there by the chicks so you can make special orders if you want.

If your feed store is making a profit from the chicks they may not want you skipping them and ordering direct. Most feed stores in my area sell at cost and expect to make money by selling the supplies toraise the chicks

Yep, I agree that's not right. Maybe it's time to find a friendly and helpful feed mill, that is on your side.

~ bigzio

Are you sure you talked to the Owner? I know at the feed store here, and at TSC they tell you where they get thiers, and offer to recieve yours for you if you want to order from the same hatchery, that way they all come to the store, cutting out the need to time getting to the PO at the right time, they will be waiting at the store for you(I think you had to order a minumum of 25)

Weird - they tell me at our feed stores around here. Maybe you got hold of someone who doesn't know...try calling and asking someone else.

Back
Top Bottom