Feed that helps with rooster fertility...

harleyjo

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2010
SW Iowa
My job brings me in contact with lots of people. Today we were with a gentleman in his 70's. He was telling how his family on their farm used to provide eggs for a local hatchery. Their farm had a high hatch rate and one day the hatchery asked them what they did they helped have such a high hatch rate. Well long story short, according to this guy, wheat added to feed makes a rooster more fertile. I don't know if there is anything to it but this guy swore by it.

This was an Iowa farmer who has been farming all his life. His parents were supplying eggs to Hi Line I think was the name of the hatchery. I think it was a local hatchery years back in Iowa. He said a rep from the hatchery came out one day and asked them what they were adding to make their hatch rate so high on their eggs and they said this certain feed, and the rep said he knew that it was more than that so then they told this rep it was wheat. They grew their own wheat on the farm so they had it. I have no idea how much they added to the feed but that was the story he told me today.

Back
Top Bottom