feed with not enough protein

Ardizzone7

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Redkey, IN
I am planning on raising some turkeys for butchering this spring. I have been looking at our local Rural King at different feeds and can not find any with protein higher than 24%. I know 28% is needed. Can I add something to the feed to bring it up to 28% or is there somewhere I can get 28% on the internet?

Most feed stores will order it for you if you ask. You can raise a turkey on lower protien feed but it will not thrive as well. They need the 28-30% for the first 12 weeks or so and then 20% thereafter. You can raise a puppy on adult dog food but will he do as well as one from the same litter on puppy food?

Thank you! I will ask if they will order some for me.
wink.png
If they can not, is there somewhere to order it? Also I am in northeastern Indiana is anyone knows of a good feed store to get it from.

There are many on-line places but the shipping is more than the feed. If you have any purina feed store then ask them to order the gamebird starter for you. Gamebird starter is eaiser to find then turkey starter. I am sure that your nearest feedstore has a simi-local mill and I am sure if they make chick starter then they make gamebird or turkey starter.

Quote:
X2
thumbsup.gif

Game bird starter to start, then Purina Flock Raiser thereafter. Happy, healthy turkeys
smile.png

yep!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom