Feed

Pinky04

Hatching
Jun 7, 2020
We feed our chicks with pobs which is small pieces of bread soaked in milk and mashed wih a fork. They go mad for it

I'm sure they like it, but you can't feed your kids candy all the time, can you? There are lots of other healthy treats that they'll love.

We feed our chicks with pobs which is small pieces of bread soaked in milk and mashed wih a fork. They go mad for it
Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

How old are you chicks? Do they have a regular feed aside from this treat you describe?

Bread is never ideal for birds as it's got energy but no nutritional value. Small amounts of milk are okay but chickens aren't made to digest dairy.

If I have milk that expired.. I set it out on the counter and let it curdle some (aka ferment like yogurt or buttermilk)... then pour over the top of the chicken feed... They do love it and nothing get's wasted!

It's important to keep treats below 10% of the total daily intake if possible so that nutrients stay balanced in order to have the best immune system response and health possible. :cool:

Pics always welcome! ;)

Back
Top Bottom