1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FEED

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by 11langenkamp_w, Sep 8, 2008.

1. 11langenkamp_w

11langenkamp_w Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    sidney, ohio
    Is poultry developer/layer, crackedcorn, wheat, and oats good to feed to chickens because once i swicthed them to it they havent layed for about 3 weeks any ideas why?

2. Has anything happened to upset their schedule? I feed mine laying pellets, was using crumbles but they left to much of it in the feeding trough, I switched to layer pellets, and let them free range from about 3o'clock, I usually give them some bread every day for treats,and they are still laying every day. I'm not real chicken savy somaybe someone else is, good luck. marrie

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Mind a few questions?? How old are the chickens, how many are there, how long have you had them, last molt, if any-- and, um, any other disruptions/behaviors, or changes besides feed and, oh yeah, have you scoped around for egg-hiding places??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by