Feedback/Experience With These Lamps?

Araucana Nest

FreeBird
Aug 14, 2020
North Central Florida
It has gotten unexpectedly chilly at night )mid 60s) and I still have chicks needing some heat. I don't usually hatch this late but went overboard with chicks this year.... :wee
I use Brinsea Eco Glow for the small chicks. The chicks I'm speaking of are 5-7 weeks old and are in wire grow out pens under a canopy and tarped to prevent drafts. The cages are 24 inches high. Been looking for safe lamps they can't burn themselves on or hop onto. Anyone have experience or can provide feedback on these lamps? Or have any creative suggestions?
Thanks in advance :)
Arcadia
Arcadia Lamp Cage

How well feathered are your chicks, and how many? They may pile and be okay as long as there aren't too many, or too few.

Also how long have they been off heat?

They're well feathered but not fully and haven't been off heat at all. I have lmaps in there but the lamps are not really what I want to have for them. We've gone from over a 100 heat index and rain everyday for almost two months to cloudy, windy and mid 60s at night in two days. Nice fall weather for me. I want to offer them heat for a couple more weeks. They stay under the lamps I have currently so I know they want the warmth. The others are inside the house with eco glows still and they can't stay inside for much longer.

Back
Top Bottom