Feedback on GQF1502 Sportsman incubator

I've heard good reviews on the Dickeys. Was going to buy one myself, but then I lucked into the Humidaires at a great price and several people had recommended those highly for Calls, so that's what I went with. I do know Mr. Dickey builds them all himself and they have a lot of personal attention put into them.

We are going with the Dickey, I'll keep you informed on how we like it. My husband likes the idea of all wood, versus particle board construction.

Post a picture so we can all see and celebrate with you when you get it!
smile.png
What kind are you getting, with what options? Hope you get the see-through door!
big_smile.png

Ok I will. Going with the 3 Tray with hatching tray Incubator, w/electronic thermostat & digital hygrometer,automatic humidity system w/5 gallon capacity for the option. IT has a 6x12 inch window in the door. My husband says you would lose to much heat for a full size acrylic door. I would like one myself.

Quote:
I have to disagree with your husband!! I have both a full acrylic door and one with the 6*12 window, the full window holds better heat hands down!!!
with the 6*12 the plexi glass is cheap 1/16 inch and you can feel the heat transfer, as with the full door the entire door is 1/2 thick acrylic.

Now with the 5 gallon resy, i hate them!!! the floats are junk!!! everyone i have used ends up leaking through the hatch. Not to mention, I have always had better hatch rates when i open the door daily and add the water and allow everything to get a breath of FRESH air.

JMO

By the way, both of mine are GQF. work great!!! would recommend the to anyone, BUT would still like to try a Dickey.

Hey Callduck2010, what part of Ohio are ya from?? Im northwest

Float a piece of styrofoam on top of the water to cut down on the surface area and lower humidity. Tom
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom