Feedback on Learning Center "Treats Chart"

Quote:
OOOPS! I didn't read far enough down where you had started a what not to eat section. I just thought you'd like to put it in parenthesis (not skins)

I love the chart, esp the pictures. I love the wire container that you use for the treats. I'm so glad that you are taking the time to do this. I hate having to drag out all my books or go on line if there is something new I want to feed them. I could never remember what was ok fresh or if it needed to be cooked, ect. Plus, my husband likes to spoil them. I can't wait to print it out, laminate it and stick it on the frig, so he knows what he can and can't feed them.

Thanks again for you time and effert,
Kim

not sure..

but my chickens fav was peanuts...

I have not really researched it tho.....are they ok for chickens??

oh also milk....I have no clue if they can drink that tho

Wow, that is a great tool to use, especially for me, I'm new to chickens. One question though, I fed mine a orange cut in quarters like a month ago. I notice that citrus was on the NONO list. Why?

Again, a fabulous job, Buff! I love all the photos and the little bits of humor throughout are great. Too funny about the yogurt "flying everywhere"...very true! (Mine even get it up their "nose" and sneeze.)

The only recent and new thing I've tried is sprinkling some diotomaceous earth (who knows how to spell that..Grrrr!) on top of cooked oatmeal this morning. Devoured immediately. It's a good way to get them to eat the stuff right away for worming purposes, AND provide them with a fun tasty treat.

Don't you wish human kids would eat this enthusiastically? I don't exactly see dinner "flying everywhere" at our house!!! I'm about ready to start a food fight just to relieve my own frustrations...

Thank you again.

Last edited:
Since someone asked about sweet potatoes I can tell you that I carried a split open baked one out to my girls last week and they picked at about half of it but it wasn't on their top ten fav. list --they do looooovvvveeee raisins though --not sure that's been mentioned before.
smile.png

Regarding milk, I've read that chickens are somewhat lactose intolerant. However yogurt goes through a culturing process that makes the lactose turn into something else. Or something like that.

CALLING DLHunicorn: Diana - regarding chickens diet, what do you know about sweet potatos (yams), raisins and why citrus is not recommended? And I think I once had nuts on the chart but then removed it. Can't remember why.

I'll modify the chart once we hear from Diana. Thanks!

birds are totally lactose intolerant... they lack the enzyme lactase to process it. yogurt gives no problems as the process of getting the milk to yogurt takes care of it

Oh, how could raisins not be on the list! I'm not sure if mealworms or raisins would be their #1 choice of treat; probably too close to call!

Back
Top Bottom