feeder and drinker

carmen chicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 3, 2011
Were should i put my feeder and drinker, will they go inside if i keep the feeder and drinker inside

galanie

Treat Dispenser No More
9 Years
Aug 20, 2010
Colmesneil,TX
Some keep them inside the coop, some outside. Yes, they will go wherever the feed is if they're hungry.

gale65

Songster
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
north central indiana
My Coop
We keep the water inside because sometimes it's 9 am before dh sets them free (usually only on sundays). We keep the food inside because our run isn't totally covered so rain could get in it (from the sides, if we get sideways rain like we did last night).

BellevueOmlet

Songster
9 Years
Jul 10, 2010
I prefer outside and then during the winter, move the waterer inside and leave the feeder outside.

It depends what type of waterer/feeder you have as well.

LiLRedCV

Songster
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
Land of the Rain
During the summer, I feed/water mostly outside. During the winter, inside since there may be inclement weather they may not want to battle to get to it.

openheartnp

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 25, 2011
Green Twp, NJ
My small coop has the feeder and water outside, but the feed is inside right now because it's raining.
My shed/coop has both feed and water inside. I also have an additional waterbowl outside in the yard.
I broke down and bought electric water bowls for winter, best thing i ever did. Thermostat in the plug will turn it on below 40 degrees, off otherwise.

You can never have too much water!

KDK1

Songster
8 Years
Jun 29, 2011
Tennessee Plateau
Auto-feeder inside with pellets free choice as well as shell and grit, treats outside every evening. LG automatic water inside in their "Florida Room" and homemade automatic waterer outside.

CandyLala

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 28, 2012
I was wondering if you would share what type or brand of heated water dish you purchased?

Top Bottom