feeder and drinker

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by carmen chicks, Sep 4, 2011.

1. carmen chicks

carmen chicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2011
    Were should i put my feeder and drinker, will they go inside if i keep the feeder and drinker inside

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Some keep them inside the coop, some outside. Yes, they will go wherever the feed is if they're hungry.

3. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

We keep the water inside because sometimes it's 9 am before dh sets them free (usually only on sundays). We keep the food inside because our run isn't totally covered so rain could get in it (from the sides, if we get sideways rain like we did last night).

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I keep water inside and outside, but only keep food inside to help prevent the chipmunks, squirrels and other varmints from eating it too.

5. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    I prefer outside and then during the winter, move the waterer inside and leave the feeder outside.

It depends what type of waterer/feeder you have as well.

6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I have feeders and waterers on the inside and outside of my coops. Yes, they will go inside to eat and drink.

7. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    During the summer, I feed/water mostly outside. During the winter, inside since there may be inclement weather they may not want to battle to get to it.

8. openheartnp

openheartnp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ
    My small coop has the feeder and water outside, but the feed is inside right now because it's raining.
    My shed/coop has both feed and water inside. I also have an additional waterbowl outside in the yard.
    I broke down and bought electric water bowls for winter, best thing i ever did. Thermostat in the plug will turn it on below 40 degrees, off otherwise.

You can never have too much water!

9. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Auto-feeder inside with pellets free choice as well as shell and grit, treats outside every evening. LG automatic water inside in their "Florida Room" and homemade automatic waterer outside.

10. CandyLala

CandyLala New Egg

Aug 28, 2012
    I was wondering if you would share what type or brand of heated water dish you purchased?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by