Feeder and waterer sizing

ER123

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 2, 2012
Getting 25 Cornish x this spring and was wondering what size feeders and waterers I should get for them?
Thanks

Get at least a 5-8 gallon waterer, you will be filling something that size every 2-3 days. For a feeder, how often do you want to fill it? The answer to that question will determine what size feeder to get. Do you want to fill it up and not mess with it for 2 days, 4 days or a week? You can get a larger one and only put in what they would need for 2-3 days, but then if you want to fill it to last a longer period you could. I have one that will hold 10 or 15 lbs (I don't recall exactly) then I have one that will hold 40-50 lbs, I could feed enough to last them more than a 2 weeks ( I have 33 hens/roosters). I prefer to only feed enough to last 3-4 days at a time though. You'll need to decide whether you want a trough feeder or a hanging gravity feeder. I use the hanging gravity feeder. But some people prefer the trough. Good luck

Well I will be there every day to let them out and in, so filling once a day would be fine.
Thanks

I think I will also be restricting there feed to if this changes it at all.

Back
Top Bottom