Feeder for Multiple Days?

countyroad1330

Thunder Snow 2009!
13 Years
Oct 15, 2007
Oklahoma!
This idea may be frowned upon, but I figured I would ask. Is there some kind of feeder I can leave that will hold extra food, so I don't have to feed every single day?

there are lots of options...
MotherEarth News had one that uses a 5 gallon bucket that you modify
I've seen others recently on chicken sites...can't remember which ones specifically. Basically it looks like a large tube that sits a little bit above a tray. often times, you can hang them. Like a gravity feeder? I'll look for the sites , but some hold large amounts of feed.

Also seem to remember someone on BYC that made one out of PVC pipe that they could load from outside the coop area and it fed through into the coop so the chickens could eat free will.

nothing wrong with using bulk feeders for chickens.they come in 25lb 35lb 50lb an 100lb feeders.i have the 100lb feeders.go to macmurray webbsite an look at all the feeders they have.

We also have a big metal feeder; I think it holds 20 pounds. What is the difference if it sits in a bin waiting to be fed or if it sits in a feeder waiting to be eaten? The only condition would be don't get a feeder so large that the feed is in it more than a couple weeks.

I don't plan on the feed being there more than 3-4 days. So far my best option is going to cost me $20 per feeder, and about $5 to $7 for a lid to cover it. And I need at least 4...

Any suggestions for something cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom