FEEDER wanted

brookwoodpat

Songster
11 Years
May 11, 2008
I'm looking for a hopper feeder to hang on the side of a coop wall, or something like those PVC feeders with the round holes in the L side of the pipe. All I can find in feeders is the kind that has the white round hopper and the red pan below. I'm fed up with that, because it takes up so much space and it doesn't dispense the feed freely. It always seems to end up with the pan empty and the feed up in the hopper. I'd also like to find a covered weatherproof feeder to keep outside for free rangers. Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks

The only one I have ever had like you are describing is one that I built. I designed it like the automatic feeders that they make for dogs, except I built it out of wood rather than metal. I wanted something that would lay flat against the wall and hold about 30 pounds of feed. It was about 8 inches in depth, 2 feet wide and 2 feet tall.

I once posted pictures of it and my brooder, but I think it was on the old site, sorry I checked and I dont have the picutures any more and it was destroyed in my move last year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom