Feeding and water in extreme cold

No monthly fee. Just paid the $15 sale price (now $30) and bought a device to save videos on it. Without the extra module, I can still view the "live videos" any time I want to, which is all I really need. Both mini blink cameras are for indoor use, they say, but are doing fine inside our coops. One has been there since Nov 2020. Hubby wrapped it in one layer of plastic food wrap to keep dust off it and it is mounted on the wall just about 3 foot up.

Frozen latches are the worst! I pour hot water on them and act fast! I still had to carry water out to our heated waterers as they got low. My hose/spigot was frozen too.
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. Sorry you had to carry water to, it's a real pain!!!

Hi everyone, I've been reading the stories and comments in this section. I live in central Texas and don't know how in the world y'all can stand it up there in the winter, when it gets below 60 here I'm cold. It was below freezing here last weekend (nothing like the cold y'all are having) and I hated going out every few hours changing out the water but I did. Y'all most definitely have my respect to be able to handle it up there in the winter !!!

Hi everyone, I've been reading the stories and comments in this section. I live in central Texas and don't know how in the world y'all can stand it up there in the winter, when it gets below 60 here I'm cold. It was below freezing here last weekend (nothing like the cold y'all are having) and I hated going out every few hours changing out the water but I did. Y'all most definitely have my respect to be able to handle it up there in the winter !!!
Well Thank you for that. I knew I was in trouble as soon as I learned how to spell and realized that Ohio was a four letter word, just like snow and rain. lol It's where I was born and raised and I have a Son who is an adult now that I care for that has all of his doctors here so I am not budging for that reason alone. That and my family was always here too so roots can cause a person to put up with quite a bit. Lucky you that you do not have our extreme weather but I am sure you have had bouts of other things in Texas. I don't think any place is perfect unless it's called Heaven.

I talk about moving to Texas all the time. ha ha! I'd love for my banana trees to get to stay up all year!! I was born in the Midwest, but I don't think I'm meant to stay here! I count the months/days until spring before winter official even begins each year!
(My banana trees are cut down to 6" after the first hard frost that wilts them. Then they are covered with mulch and plastic now... not as photogenic as piles of plastic and weighed down tarps in my brown yard right now.) But... 79 more days until spring!! (I remove the tarps in late February each year since these banana plants are hardy to 28 degrees; that'll be here before I know it.)
Enjoy some warmer Texas sunshine for me today!! My pup and I sat on the porch and enjoyed the "warm weather" and sunshine here today-- it's 41 degrees. :D
309551624_10219678272048081_5068312160475788239_n.jpg
:wee

Back
Top Bottom