Feeding boiled eggs with the shells

rcravey

Songster
Dec 29, 2020
Central Texas
I made the mistake of hard boiling a dozen fresh eggs and now I cannot peel them without taking off most of the white. I know it's okay to feed chickens boiled eggs, and it's okay to feed them ground egg shells, but would it be okay to NOT peel these eggs and instead put them in the food processor and feed them to the chicks? I always put their oyster shells separate from their food so want to make sure this would be okay. Thank you!

By chicks - do you mean actual chicks? Chicks should not be given extra calcium.

If you're using "chicks" as a term of affection, and these are birds which are laying, a little calcium is probably ok but I still would not give them excess amounts, as they can't pick and choose what they need if you're giving it to them mixed with the boiled egg, though just once is probably not enough to really have any lasting effect on a laying bird.

By chicks - do you mean actual chicks? Chicks should not be given extra calcium.

If you're using "chicks" as a term of affection, and these are birds which are laying, a little calcium is probably ok but I still would not give them excess amounts, as they can't pick and choose what they need if you're giving it to them mixed with the boiled egg, though just once is probably not enough to really have any lasting effect on a laying bird.

Chicks as a term of affection. They are 6 months old. Thank you for the info.

Back
Top Bottom