Feeding chicken to chickens?

Quote:
For your chickens or for you?
tongue.png

Well, I will say that I have seen mine catching and eating frogs. Just the other day, Big Boy, caught a baby queen snake and thought it was the roosters crow. He had a hey day with it. I wish I could find someplace here that would let me have their old bread, they love that too, but too expensive!
I've given mine almost anything that goes in the slop bucket. If they don't like it the ants doo, and chickies love ants. So therefore they are getting a treat either way. Mine also love tomatoes. Today I'm trying sunflower seeds for a treat.

Quote:
If you have a large commercial bakery nearby they usually have a day old bread store outlet. Once it is beyond 1 - 2 days they dispose of it. Sometimes for a small fee - $3 for 50lbs or so. If not ask a bread delivery guy when you see him stocking the grocery shelves what happens with the leftovers from his route. I know some people back home who picked up restaurant scraps every evening for their hogs. Don't be afraid to ask. I know some momandpop restaurant owners who prefer the food go to animals instead of disposal services.

I forgot the tomatoes - Last week I had 2 five gallon buckets of tomatoes to can. The bruised ones went to the chicks that night. The next morning we only found 1 blossom end as evidence of their existance! Mine love tomatoes especially yellow ones.

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually is was week old broccoli and basil quiche. I plan to post the recipe on my other forum.
As far as tomatoes go, I don't too much care for the brandywines we get from our foodshare so the chickens get them and LOVE them.

My chickens get and eat everything!! They love all leftovers, whether it be chicken, beef, prok or Other. They love all veggies, and fruits. they also get plenty of pasts, rice, bread ect.....If the chickens eat it, then they can have it.

Their favoites are hotdogs, spaghetti, watermelon, french fries, and chicken nuggets! not to mention Scrambled, and Boiled eggs!

lol.png

It is the tomato vines that chickens should keep away from. If you pay close attn to animals they have an instinct that is pretty good when it comes to knowingwhat they can and cannot eat.

Back
Top Bottom