Feeding chickens cat food

Canned/wet or dry? These have different protein contents. I've given dry cat food as part of a treat, but only a few rare times. Also, I will wet it down a bit so that it is a bit soft, easier for them to eat as part of their treat. But, salt is one concern, also the fact that it is formulated for cats, not birds, so it is not optimized like chicken feed is for chickens.

It's a fair treat, but not a good diet. Too much protein and too much salt are the main issues; I'm sure there are others, but it's eleven-thirty at night and I'm too lazy to pull up the feed tags and do comparisons and internet searches.

EDT: Birds can't handle salt as well as mammals can--it gives them heart problems.
Thank you for your advice.

It's a fair treat, but not a good diet. Too much protein and too much salt are the main issues; I'm sure there are others, but it's eleven-thirty at night and I'm too lazy to pull up the feed tags and do comparisons and internet searches.

EDT: Birds can't handle salt as well as mammals can--it gives them heart problems.
Ok thanks, sorry getting back late been super busy, have question I’m out here in the panhandle of TX I’m looking for one Belifielder rooster, thank you all, and God Bless

Mealworms are not an option in some parts of the world. Sure, could probably order them on amazon, pay to ship them into the country, pay for import duties, and customs handling, then pray they actually find their way out of there with the bag still intact or at least the contents still in the box and then find themselves ready for me to go pick up, which incurs yet another handling fee. All told, by the time they arrive (if they arrive), the price has tripled with the extra fees that everyone/thing dings me for along the way and it becomes evident that I could have simply bought a high quality, name brand bag of cat food or opened a tin of sardines and saved myself the up to one month long ordeal to get mealworms.

Back
Top Bottom