Feeding chickens only sprouts

Pics

Hunter81103

Chirping
Dec 13, 2020
I was wondering some of your thoughts on feeding chickens only sprouts, I’m relatively new to all this, I have been giving layer feed but I wanted to switch to sprouts only and I will be providing vitamins/ minerals and oyster shells, but my question was, will my chickens continue to lay the same as on layer feed ?

I was wondering some of your thoughts on feeding chickens only sprouts, I’m relatively new to all this, I have been giving layer feed but I wanted to switch to sprouts only and I will be providing vitamins/ minerals and oyster shells, but my question was, will my chickens continue to lay the same as on layer feed ?
That is not a complete diet and will be woefully lacking in protein. Stick to a complete feed for the health and well being of your flock.

No.
Please don't stop feeding them a balanced diet if layer feed.

What kind of sprouts?

Sprouts alone would never fulfill their dietary requirements.

They require at least 16% protein as well as calcium, amino acids and more in a correct ratio to maintain their health and laying ability.
The answer is no they would not be able to maintain laying on just sprouts. They would be malnourished instead.

You have a respiratory disease in your flock already, correct?
You should focus on keeping them as stress free as possible to prevent more out breaks...don't stress them by malnourishing them, please.
Yeah I got it from someone I bought a chicken from that I should not have, they are not stressed at all and I don’t understand how it is malnourishment it’s natural and I would be able to supplement anything I needed I could supplement vitamins, minerals, protein and calcium so I really don’t see the problem if all their needs are met

Back
Top Bottom