Feeding chickens pop corn how much protein

I'm pretty sure unpopped and popped won't be much different....corn isn't very high in protein at all...you'd be better off feeding sunflower seeds if protein is what you want.

I'm pretty sure unpopped and popped won't be much different....corn isn't very high in protein at all...you'd be better off feeding sunflower seeds if protein is what you want.
Sunflowers are only 10 to 15 percent protein and high in cholesterol. Popcorn is very nutritious way more than regular corn and has a lot of usable vitamins. Plus it is cheap in 50 pound bags factory direct.
I found this.
1 cup of air-popped popcorn has about 30 calories, 1 gram of dietary fiber and 1 gram of protein per serving. It has no no saturated fat, trans fats or cholesterol. You'll also find manganese, folate, niacin, vitamin A, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper and selenium in popcorn.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4331807

It is $10 a 50 pound bag now same as cracked corn but better nutrition. My mash is 19% protein so no worries there. I will call Teelee popcorn tomorrow and ask them. OH and it is NON GMO not that I stay GMO free just saying from what I have read they have not gotten there with popcorn yet.

Pigeon,

Popcorn and Yellow Dent is very similar nutritionally to one another.
Popcorn is slightly in protein but lacks in energy M.E.

Protein ---
Yellow Dent - 8.5
Popcorn - 10.6

Fiber ---
Yellow Dent - 2.3
Popcorn - 1.8

Fat ---
Yellow Dent - 3.6
Popcorn - 4.9

M.E. (kcal/kg) ---
Yellow Dent - 3412
Popcorn - 3247

Note that some of the additional proteins that are found in popcorn are from non-essential amino acids that are not nutritional significance when fed to some livestock.

Chris

Why would you want to pop it? Just feed it as is.
Lucky you. My flock LOVES popcorn!
Popped or unpopped
Pigeon,

Popcorn and Yellow Dent is very similar nutritionally to one another.
Popcorn is slightly in protein but lacks in energy M.E.

Protein ---
Yellow Dent - 8.5
Popcorn - 10.6

Fiber ---
Yellow Dent - 2.3
Popcorn - 1.8

Fat ---
Yellow Dent - 3.6
Popcorn - 4.9

M.E. (kcal/kg) ---
Yellow Dent - 3412
Popcorn - 3247

Note that some of the additional proteins that are found in popcorn are from non-essential amino acids that are not nutritional significance when fed to some livestock.

Chris
Please elaborate on this in any way have read a lot of you stuff and your opinion is valued.
So what about these minerals in the pop corn.

manganese, folate, niacin, vitamin A, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper and selenium in popcorn.
are they in dent corn and are they the same percentage better or worse.
It is also GMO free from what I gather they have not come up with a strain that will pop good when genetically modified.They can get it to resist weed killers and other things but not pop good afterwords Now I know you have seen my post on not being GMO free Because I believe in GMC's you were replying on that thread when I typed it anyway (that relates to news reports in the 80's of chicken egg embryos being injected with growth hormones) But I thought since the source is there why not.

Back
Top Bottom