Feeding dead mice

A fine example of why grammar is important. What I am actually asking is can I feed dead mice from traps to the guinea fowl? I'm assuming that I would need to thaw them if they froze overnight (the mice not the guineas lol).
My guineas ate the pinkies. They killed adult mice and voles but often left them lay once they were dead.

When I had Light Brahma chickens, they actively hunted and ate live mice.

I actually have a "odd"story for this thread......I finally found a guinea nest after a year of raising them. Hatched the eggs in an incubator. I have a brooder room closed off from the rest of the house. Obviously since there are always chicks in there, I couldnt allow my cat entry to catch the mice. One day I came in to check on them and a mouse had fallen into their brooder and the guineas chicks were taking turns ripping it to shreds. Each taking a turn to torment this lil mouse. I observed for a few minutes and here came the two little button quail that were the same age to join in on the ambush. And so far from my experience and what I read about buttons they were not aggressive unless they were territorial or breeding. I was amazed and bewildered the guinea chicks allowed the quail to be part of their pack. So I got a big blue tote and a 40# bag of feed and started catching the mice in that tote then....dumping the mice I caught to the brooder chicks. If guineas had a bigger brain and more size we as humans would need to be aware!!!! and scared!!! I mean as long as the caught mice havent eaten any poision to make your birds ill. I dont see why you couldnt freeze em, but think about it......frozen dead mice in your freezer.........????

We have mice in our house, in our shed, and there are mouse holes in our chicken run. Agh! We have an electronic mousetrap in the house and I take the dead mousies to the chickens. They actually fight over who gets them! A little meat is good for them, it appears. I hope the birds snatch the mice that come out of the holes in the run.

We have mice in our house, in our shed, and there are mouse holes in our chicken run. Agh! We have an electronic mousetrap in the house and I take the dead mousies to the chickens. They actually fight over who gets them! A little meat is good for them, it appears. I hope the birds snatch the mice that come out of the holes in the run.
We usually just let our rooster kill the mice, he loves munching on them and sometimes brings them to the other chickens to share with.

haha, here you all are, talking about vicious guineas and mouse eating birds, when the one time I offered my birds a rodent carcass, the guinea hen made her alarm call, and the rooster didn't even look at it, let alone eat the thing! birds will be birds I guess:idunno

Back
Top Bottom