Feeding ducklings

fostermom55

Songster
7 Years
Jun 10, 2016
I will be getting my Pekin ducklings next week. I have everything set up for them. I was wondering if I am feeding Pro Manna Duckling and Gosling starter with 35 mg/lb of Niacin if that is adequate or do I still need to supplement with nutritional yeast? I read 1 Tbs per cup of feed.
Thanks for any advice! Just want to have a great start!

I will be getting my Pekin ducklings next week. I have everything set up for them. I was wondering if I am feeding Pro Manna Duckling and Gosling starter with 35 mg/lb of Niacin if that is adequate or do I still need to supplement with nutritional yeast? I read 1 Tbs per cup of feed.
I would still supplement
Pekins need more then the feed provides
I do this for 12 weeks
Then after that I stop measuring but sprinkle it on feed a few times a week. In winter I add it to the feed daily usually the morning bowl
My ducks are ages 9 months to 2 years
I haven’t had a niacin issues as of yet

I would advise it. We have 5 week old Pekin, and have only been fed duck starter crumbles, yet they started developing shaking legs. So I have been adding the brewers yeast since it started, now like 3 days later, already almost cleared up. From now on when we raised Pekin I will be adding it regardless. These two makes 3 Pekin we have raised and we have had to for them all regardless the feed we have fed them.

Back
Top Bottom