Feeding Ducks at 5 weeks old?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Hornetkc5, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Hornetkc5

Hornetkc5 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2009
    Oakwood
    Tell me what is best to feed my ducks? I have 4 ducks about 5 weeks old. I have been feed chick crumbles and plain water. Am I doing things wrong here?

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    What brand and name of chick crumbles are you using?? There are many different kinds- some more or less appropriate for waterfowl.

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I use the Dumor feed from TSC. At 2 weeks old mine move off the chick starter onto the grower finisher which is 16% protein. I also put chick starter vitamins in their water and Niacin. You can get a little $1 pack from TSC also and add it to I cant remember now but it tells you on the pack, I give that every day...or Pedialite, in their water and the Niacin casps I give 100 mg to 1 gal of water and they get that every day for the 1st month then I cut it down to every other day to every week.
    Peas...ducks love peas, they are good to use as a training aid tomake them come here, get over there, go to bed, swim in the pool..I use them for everything. Mine also love lettuce, tomatoes, melon, pears..the list is endless

4. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Use game bird starter crumbles.... it contains the niacin that your ducks need.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by