Feeding 'em dough?

GA_Gypsy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 8, 2011
N. Georgia
Hey all,

I made a sad attempt at trying to get some yeast bread to rise last nite and failed miserably. It has basic ingredients in it so I was thinking it would be safe to toss over to the chickens, but I just wanted to check with you first. Thanks!!!!

you can... but i would bake it first.. even though it may be a brick.. but that way I think anyway it will lower the chance of the yeast rising and expanding in their stomach.. and make it easier to dish it out.

Hi! We bake our own bread as well and I have given them dough, but usually I mix it with bread crumbs to make it less sticky. However, usually I do bake it first as was suggested. Better luck next time...sometimes it raises nicely in the oven even if it didn't rise so well on the counter!

Hi. I'd bake it first. Even if it isn't bread as we know it, the chickens might like it. I was once at an animal hospital and there was a dog who'd eaten dough the night before. Its people didn't think anything of it but the dough rose inside the dog and by morning it was seriously ill and was admitted as a surgical emergency.

Back
Top Bottom