Feeding Garlic to Chickens

Andrew Baker

Hatching
Nov 18, 2017
Hi Everyone
I was wondering what is a safe amount of garlic to feed your chicks each day?
I only have two hens at the moment and i give them a small teaspoon of minced garlic between them each evening mixed in with their treats. Is this OK or to much?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Andy.

Their immune systems will be fine if they have a good balanced diet and live in a good environment. Garlic is wonderful; keep it in the kitchen for your own cooking!
That's a huge amount of garlic for two birds!
Mary

I used to put a crushed clove in a 2 gallon waterer for my hens, and I could never taste it in the eggs. I only stopped because I ran out of garlic (I grow my own and refuse to buy that chemical laden/GMO crap from a store).

I occasionally sprinkle garlic powder, oregano and cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes over their treats when I'm in the mood to cook for them...LOL.They eat way better than me with my frozen TV dinners. Maybe garlic in moderation would be a good thing for them. I've read hundreds of pages over the years, but can't remember the benefits of garlic right now, other that it's not a bad thing. --BB

Last edited:
I used to put a crushed clove in a 2 gallon waterer for my hens, and I could never taste it in the eggs. I only stopped because I ran out of garlic (I grow my own and refuse to buy that chemical laden/GMO crap from a store).
I would think that one crushed clove of garlic in a two gallon waterer would really be diluted and the hens could still reap the benefits from that small amount.

Back
Top Bottom