Feeding goats and sheep?

wngsttr

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 27, 2011
Jackson, Ca.
I have 2 goats and 1 sheep. I feed the goats Purina goat chow and the sheep is eating it too. Is this bad for the sheep ??. They also get into the chicken feed for a snack. All the animals are free ranged and hang around together. Should I try to seperate them???

Check your ingredients but I'm going to assume your goat food has copper and copper is very toxic to sheep! My sheep are in an area where they can't get access to other foods just because of this risk!

Thank you all.... With your feed back and the help of the Feed Barn in Jackson, Ca. I am now feeding everyone All Stock made by Crossroads.. I hope this will be the remedy. The funny part is they have over a 1/4 acre of grazing land. All grass half green and the other died off. Maybe I should not feed them the supplement? Thanks again..

9 chickens, 2 turks, 2 guineas, 2 ducks, 2 polish roosters, 2 goats, 1 sheep, 3 dogs and 2 cats.. HeHe they all have names...

yep....what Barefoot said. My sheep actually look worse if I give them grain because they won't graze as much and pasture is much better for them than grain. I give them all the good hay they want while my winter rye is growing in for them and only give grain to the one sheep that has a lamb.

Back
Top Bottom